[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - NullPointerException from JBossXSEntityResolver

kazcor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 09:41:55 EST 2008

Hi *,

I know, I'm going to open a second topic on this, although there's already a similar problem posted here: http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110298#4110298.

However, in my case I'm using the opposite direction. I've set up a webservice using an underlying EJB(3) for the implementation. The SEI contains only one method, which uses a message that was compiled before from various schemas (containing UBL2,e-GIF) by using JAXB2.1. Once that webservice is deployed on JBoss he is trying to map all these classes back to XSDs and I receive the same NPE:

  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  |         at org.jboss.ws.metadata.wsdl.xmlschema.JBossXSEntityResolver.getXMLInputSource(JBossXSEntityResolver.java:167)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.metadata.wsdl.xmlschema.JBossXSEntityResolver.resolveEntity(JBossXSEntityResolver.java:135)
  |         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.resolveEntity(Unknown Source)
  |         at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.resolveDocument(Unknown Source)
  |         at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.resolveSchema(Unknown Source)
  |         at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.constructTrees(Unknown Source)
  |         at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.parseSchema(Unknown Source)

I'm using JBoss4.2.2GA. Is this bug already confirmed?

I'm going to try to work around this problem by using a WSDL generated by wsprovide and doing wsconsume on it to receive the necessary interfaces for the implementation, but if that is really working, it's not a nice way of solving this issue.

Any help is highly appreciated :)

Thanks,
Max

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124794#4124794