[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Trinidad Integration Issue

raoul.schmidiger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 13:01:43 EST 2008

Hi all

I'€™m struggling with the integration of Apache Trinidad 1.2.5 into our existing web-application that uses SEAM 2.0.0GA + Richfaces 3.1.4GA so far. I adapted all configuration settings from the seamdiscs example.

The application works and I can use the Trinidad controls. However when I request a page that includes Richfaces components for the first time JBoss shows to following message in the console:

17:05:20,160 ERROR [STDERR] 30.01.2008 17:05:20 org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.CoreRenderKit createResponseWriter SCHWERWIEGEND: No RenderingContext has been created.

This message is not shown upon further requests. But no matter if I request the page for the first time or later the functionality of the commandButtons is broken. If I click on one of them the page just gets rerendered without executing the method specified with the action attribute of the button. Using the Trinidad libraries coming with the seamdiscs example (1.2.1) the error is not shown in the console. However switching back to the old library does not fix the issue with the commandButtons. Everything works smoothly as before when I remove the default-render-kit-id entry in the faces-config.xml file. But obviously this poses that the Trinidad controls can no longer be rendered. – Thus this is not an applicable solution.

Has anybody got these components to work together? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much!
Raoul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124893#4124893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124893