[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam newbie question

nepveul do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 22:44:31 EST 2008

Hi!

I'm relatively new to Seam and the related technologies (JSF, hibernate, etc.)

I'm trying to build a very simple webpage. One of my entity is a User.

I have some sort of UserList.xhtml page that displays all the user info + a link for each row. I want this link to call an action listener, something like that:

  |         <h:column>
  |             <f:facet name="header">action</f:facet>
  |             <s:link view="/#{empty from ? 'User' : from}.xhtml"
  |             		action="#{bean.action}"
  |                    value="Select"
  |                       id="user">
  |                 <f:param name="userId"
  |                         value="#{user.id}"/>
  |             </s:link>
  |         </h:column>

But I want my #{bean.action} to be parametrized.

So I create a param to this page:

  | <param name="action_"/>

Then I change, the previous code to :

  |         <h:column>
  |             <f:facet name="header">action</f:facet>
  |             <s:link view="/#{empty from ? 'User' : from}.xhtml"
  |             		action="#{action_}"
  |                    value="Select"
  |                       id="user">
  |                 <f:param name="userId"
  |                         value="#{user.id}"/>
  |             </s:link>
  |         </h:column>

But that doesn't work, right, because it will resolve #{action_} as some piece of text like "tournamentHome.addUser", but not as a method reference like #{tournament.addUser}.

I'm sure this is trivial...but can't seem to figure out out to parametrize correctly my action to put under my link.

Thanks for your help!

Laurent

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124983#4124983

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124983