[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Message priority does not seem to work

ydzsidemiik do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 31 09:37:26 EST 2008

Hi again,

What is the expected behavior with respect to queue message ordering due to priority? I am finding that when I place a higher priority message into a queue, it doesn't get delivered ahead of lower priority messages like I would expect.

For example, if I have a producer sending into a queue at 50m/s priority 4, and every five seconds I send one priority 9 message into the queue, I find that an MDB consuming from the queue at 15m/s only processes a priority  9 every few minutes. Once the deluge of low priority messages ends, the queued higher priority messages go through seemingly all at once. I speculated that buffering might be the issue, but SlowConsumers does not seem to help. Are there any other settings that I could tweak?

I don't have a test case right now. I am throwing this out there right now in case there are any easy answers, although I'll follow up with a test case if necessary once I have time.

JBAS 4.2.2/JBM 1.4.0.SP3

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125168#4125168

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125168