[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: TRACE level doesn't work

Juergen.Zimmermann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 31 11:38:17 EST 2008

This is the 1-line contents of my log4j.properties:
log4j.logger.de.hska=TRACE

The contents of a session bean is:
@Stateless
  | @Local(KundenverwaltungDao.class)
  | final public class KundenverwaltungDaoBean implements KundenverwaltungDao {
  | 	public static final Log LOG = LogFactory.getLog(KundenverwaltungDaoBean.class);
  | 		if (LOG.isDebugEnabled()) {
  | 			for (Kunde k: kunden) {
  | 				LOG.debug(k);
  | 			}
  | 		}

Now, I get the expected log records. However, changing "isDebugEnabled" to "isTraceEnabled" and "debug()" to "trace()" then nothing is logged.

Using "-Dlog4j.debug" for log4j's internal log doesn't show anything regarding my log4j.properties (which is part of an EAR's SAR archive).

Could it be that JBoss is internally setting the DEBUG level for everything and that's the reason for logging the stuff above with DEBUG level?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125223#4125223

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125223