[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - What are the aslias defined for the built in seam components

alllle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 31 15:13:53 EST 2008

I did lots of search but not able to find the answer.

In chapter 28 of the reference doc, quote "Note also that even though all the built in components use a qualified name, most of them are aliased to unqualified names by default.". I checked the jboss-seam.jar/META-INF/components.xml file and its contents looks like:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <components xmlns="http://jboss.com/products/seam/components"
  |             xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |             xsi:schemaLocation="http://jboss.com/products/seam/components http://jboss.com/products/seam/components-2.0.xsd">
  |
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.core</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.transaction</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.framework</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.web</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.faces</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.international</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.theme</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.pageflow</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.bpm</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.jms</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.mail</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.security</import>
  |   <import>org.jboss.seam.captcha</import>
  |
  | </components>

And I could not find any components.xml files under above mentioned packages.

So I've got two questions:

1. I could not find any documentation on how this  tag is used. What does it mean?

2. Where are the list of built in components are defined? Specifically, their alias names?

The ref document mentioned most of the built in components, but it didn't list them all.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125281#4125281

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125281