[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: connect jboss to db2 on IMS (mainframe)

leier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 31 18:40:29 EST 2008

I am considering a few issues here.  Mainly, for a udb db2 connection, you specify the database instance owner/user, and a password.  i.e. :

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>datasource_name</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:db2://server:port/database</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver</driver-class>
    <user-name>username</user-name>
    password

But for a mainframe db2 connection, a user authenticates to a db and schema with an individual logon and password from a racf (or similar authentication) backend.  So in that case, I am wondering how to pass on a unique logon and password to the  already defined datasource.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125337#4125337

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125337