[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: Seam, Do I need for production Enviroments ?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 1 11:10:25 EDT 2008

Seam does no good by itself, only in conjunction with an application that uses it do you get any benefit from it. I do not know if, for example, placing the Seam JAR files in server/xxx/lib (to make them available to all apps that use seam) would work or if it would cause problems (it would definitely cause problems if each app required a different version of Seam).

By the way, there is no difference in capabilities between running JBossAS with a JRE or a JDK. You used to have to have a JDK because it had the tools necessary to compile JSPs. But that capability if now embedded within Tomcat, so a JRE is fine for running JBossAS. Of course, even if your are using a JRE to run JBossAS, you might still want to have the JDK available to make use of the extra tools provided.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161821#4161821

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161821