[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: Checking DB connectivity from JMX console

Gap_Tooth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 1 13:55:01 EDT 2008

As far as I understand from the documentation, the <new-connection-sql> attribute and the <valid-connection-checker> attribute merely check to see if the connection returned from the pool is valid or not.  I wanted to be able to go into the JMX console and quickly check to see if my configuration for the DataSource was correct or not.  The MBean I developed allowed me to do this pretty quickly, and only took about fifteen minutes to write.

If anyone needs help implementing the same thing, I can post a skeleton implementation of the MBean interface and service implementation I made here.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161866#4161866

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161866