[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Message Consumer fails when using messageSelector

mbreuer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 2 11:05:04 EDT 2008

I tried it again and reinstalled jboss 4.2.2.GA with messaging. After that it look a bit different. First of all, the consumers receive the messages. But they don't receive immediatelly, they wait up to nearly timeout seconds.

Message msg = MessageConsumer.receive(60000);

Sometimes the call returns immediatelly, but sometime it takes up to timeout seconds. I created a simle test-app, doing the same. This test-app does not hang.

The process flow is following:

thread-1: send to queue A
              receive( queue B, by selector, timeout );

thread-2: Message Driven Bean
               onMessage(...) {
               // do somehing
               send response to queue B
               // do something more
               }

The original code is based on ejb2.x Mdb and causes hangs. My sample App uses an Ejb3 Mdb.
After doSend() is see an entry in JBM_MSG table. So i think to jms operation is successfull commited, isn't?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4162096#4162096

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4162096