[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Queue MaxSize Not Obeyed When Using Transacted Sessions

vishalrao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 2 17:36:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

I wanted to check with you first before I file a bug.

With a non-transacted session, I try to send
200 messages to an empty queue with MaxSize
set to 20 and on the 21st message, I get a
JMSException and the final state of the queue
shows 20 messages.  This is exactly what I
expect.

However, with a transacted session, I do the
same thing, starting with an empty queue,
with my client program and I get
all 200 messages to show up in my queue -
no JMSException.  I would have expected 0
messages to have persisted on the queue
since the limit is set to 20.

Would someone please explain this behavior
if it is a feature?

If it is a bug, please let me know and I will
file it (as soon as I know the proper procedure
to do that).

Thanks,
Vishal

P.S.  I am using JBoss Messaging 1.4.0.SP3 running
in JBoss 4.2.2 GA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4162196#4162196

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4162196