[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Single Consumer for a queue

noelo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 3 02:35:26 EDT 2008

Hi,
I have two jvm apps which are processing messages off a JMS queue.
I know that you can have multiple consumers of a queue but is it possible to have a queue configured where the initial consumer can connect but any subsequent consumers will receive an exception when they try to connect.

I'm just considering if this could be used to implement some failover functionality where one consumer could connect to a queue and become the active consumer. Any other consumers which try and connect would fail and become passive. A timer in the passive consumers could periodically try and reconnect to the queue.

If it is possible where would it be configured ?

regards and thanks
Noel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4162230#4162230

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4162230