[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Invoke jBPM workflow from external app

ashishc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 7 20:51:35 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I am trying to figure out how can I invoke a jBPM workflow from an external java application because as per my understanding someone has to invoke the start state and then the flow can pass through.

Here is the processdefinition.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  | <process-definition  xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.2"  name="http-demo-process">
  |
  | 	<swimlane name="initiator">
  | 	<assignment actor-id="manager" />
  | 	</swimlane>
  | 	<start-state name="start-state1">
  | 		<task swimlane="initiator" />
  | 		<transition to="node1"></transition>
  | 	</start-state>
  | 	<node name="node1">
  | 		<action class="com.sample.action.MessageActionHandler">
  | 			<message>Sending Message</message>
  | 		</action>
  | 		<transition to="end-state1"></transition>
  | 	</node>
  | 	<end-state name="end-state1"></end-state>
  | </process-definition>

If I deploy this code to jbpm-console i can login as a user and invoke this workflow, but instead what i want to do is write a separate java application (public static void main) from which I can invoke this workflow...

Any examples, sample code, links, docs etc will be very helpful...

Thanks
Ashish

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4162976#4162976

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4162976