[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Exception when starten 2nd node

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 8 16:17:30 EDT 2008

I think all this information is in the user guide, or has been answered several times already in different threads on this forum (have a search), but here goes again:

"mbreuer" wrote : How to deploy a clustered queue to jboss as? Which attributes must be set in a clustered environment,which in a non clustered environment?

The "clustered" attribute on the queue/topic determines whether the queue or topic is clustered. Clustered queues/topics must be deployed on all nodes of the cluster. The easiest way to do this is to use the farm service.

anonymous wrote :
  | Following example: a clustered mdb on two nodes, putting 10000 messages into it and let the mdg work. The mdb logs out the message?
  | What happens? Only one node is working on the queue, the second does nothing. Adding a sleep(100) to the onMessage() does a wonder, both nodes are processing the mdb.
  |
  | I explained me this behavior in follwoing way:
  | - mdb always use local jms connections
  | - message sucker distributes messages to other nodes (there must be an association between mdb throughput and distribution)

Yes, you're almost right. The queue will always favour local consumers if they are able to cope with the load, if they are busy with work, then it will get distributed to other nodes. This is an optimal use of processing resources - there's no point in sending to other nodes if the local node has spare cycles. This behaviour can be turned off (see user guide).

anonymous wrote :
  | Now this sounds easy, but there a so many find grained parameters:
  | - deploy queue clustered or non clustered

Yes, it's easy - if you want it clustered set clustered to true, if not set to false

anonymous wrote :
  | - deploy queue as ha singleton or not

JBM does not normally use HASingleton - but if you want it to work like JBoss MQ you can, there's a FAQ on this

The distribution contains a set of examples including clustering and failover example which demonstrate how this is configured and how it works.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163155#4163155

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163155