[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Distributed Transaction using JMS, EJB and MDB

jessiezam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 11 05:43:17 EDT 2008

Hi, good day to all.

First of all I would like to thank JBoss for having an excellent product. We've been using it for a mission critical system since 2005 handling more than 100T  transactions a day and we encountered very few problems about it and its performance.

Recently, we are currently developing a distributed transactional solution with JBoss.4.0.5.GA using EJB3, JMS and MDB for our new client. Honestly, I have no experience using JMS and been studying it through the various sources and tutorials from the net. Based on what I understand ( and I might be wrong ;-) ), combining EJB3, JMS and MDB with distributed support under JBoss, it guarantees the 2PC requirement. Our problem and current test setup is described below:

1. A client app calls a PaymentServiceSessionBean to post payment on Server1.
2. The PaymentServiceSessionBean post a topic to PaymentTopic on Server1.
3. A PaymentMDB in server1 receives the topic and post the payment on the local db
4. A PaymentMDB in server2 (remote)  receives the topic and post the payment on its localdb.
5. This will complete the transaction.

However, performing distributed transaction testing  I ran into problems. When the posting of payment in server1 to the database fails, the server2 posting is not rolledback. The same when a failure in db transaction in server2, the update in server1 db is committed and not rolledback.

Theorethically I believe this common scenario is supported by JBoss and J2EE inparticular. I hope for your expert advise and technical expertise.

Thanks in advance.[/img]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4163816#4163816

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4163816