[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Using quartz from EJB 3.0

henk53 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 13 12:35:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to use Quartz from within EJB 3.0 to programmatically create and schedule new jobs. I've already asked a similar question in the JCA forum, since there exists a Quartz RA. However this seems to be only suitable as a replacement for quartz' jobs.xml file.

What I actually need is a handle to the quartz scheduler, so my session beans are able to create jobs depending on the outcome of some business method. Basically, what I hope to find is something like the method used for obtaining an EJB3 TimerService, but instead of the EJB3 TimerService I would like to get the Quartz scheduler.

The EJB3 TimerService can be obtained via a Resource annotation, e.g.:

  | public @Stateless class SomeBean {
  |
  |   @Resource javax.ejb.TimerService timerService;
  | }

Does something like this exist for quartz? If not, what would be the recommended way for scheduling quartz jobs from within EJB3 beans?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164107#4164107

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164107