[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - JBoss (web service app) huge memory usage

xinhua do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 15 03:52:03 EDT 2008

hi, all

i have a ejb3 based webservice (jbossWS) on JbossAS 4.2.2GA which generate responses for about 10.000 requests everyday. Physical memory is 16G, 32Cpu, SunOS 5.10 (sparcv9) 64bit.

My jvm opt is -Xms1024m -Xms1024m -Xss256k -d64

prstat shows that there are fixed 178 lwps but the avg. memory usage is 5.5G, it is huge!

The service has runed more than one week, there is no outOfMemory crash, memory usage max. reached 5.8G.

i tested my App with jProfiler on local server (identical server config), i didnot see any memory leak. So I am very confused :(

can anyone help? Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164407#4164407

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164407