[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Problems deploying app in a 64-bit environment

jimmycallaghan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 15 09:28:32 EDT 2008

If it is an ordering thing, and the EJBs haven't been bound into the relevant JNDI locations at the point that the WAR is being deployed, then shouldn't they be in the correct locations once the server has fully started? My problem with this is that when I look at the JNDI view in the JMX console I can see that none of the EJBs are bound to the correct locations even after the server has fully started.

******* minutes later *********

So I removed the WAR from the EAR and restarted. Now I don't get the error when the WAR deploys (as expected) and the EJBs are bound correctly in JNDI. So it seems that when the WAR failed to deploy it stopped the deployment process of the rest of the EAR which meant that the EJBs were not then bound.

Why is it that on my local machine the deployment order is correct and on the server it is not? Are there multiple threads deploying different modules in the EAR simultaneously (the server is a dual-core machine)? So, I suppose my next task is to determine how I can make the WAR the last thing to deploy when an EAR is deployed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164492#4164492

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164492