[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Config Question

lovelyliatroim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 15 11:30:42 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | Sorry for the slow response re: your eviction questions.

No problem.

anonymous wrote :
  | Now if a node is considered for eviction and the node has children (e.g., /root/a/b is considered for eviction) it will not be removed, but instead it will be "emptied" of any data it may possess, freeing up memory.

Im not fully sure of what you are saying here, what do you mean by "emptied"? Lets go back to the example

"root/a/b/c/1"
"root/a/b/c/2"
"root/a/d/c/1"

All the numerics are tagged/marked for eviction. Eviction kicks in and afterwards I have

"root/a/b/c"
"root/a/b/c"
"root/a/d/c"

I have 2 issues
1. I have an extra 6 obsolete nodes or dead paths sitting in memory, after a while they will all add up.
2. The log message occurs every time the eviction thread kicks in so every 10-15 seconds, i get lots of the above warning messages which floods my log file.

Now would this solution work. When i make an entry, i tag the parent root node as well with the time to expire of the child +1 minute. So child will be evicted first and then parent later on. So lets take the path "root/a/b/c/1"if i tag node "a" with (time to expire of child+1) and tag the child "1" with the expiration value.  When the child is removed and the eviction policy thread comes around again and sees that the node "a" is expired, will it remove "a","b" and "c"  thus removing the dead nodes?? (I should actually test this myself and see if it works)

I know i can filter the log level for the warning on the eviction.ExpirationAlgorithm class but dont really want to do that just in case something does go wrong.

Thanks Manik,
LL

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164529#4164529

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164529