[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Cluster failover not working

bfach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 16 10:46:19 EDT 2008

I did not see it in the users guide.  I just remembered a mention of updating the remoting jar to match the version of messaging you are running.  1.4.0SP3 provides the correct messaging.  Once i replace the remoting jar in jboss and the remote client, failover worked correctly.

The only issue I still currently have is round robin load balancing after failover.  This has to do with this thread.   If I had JbossA and JbossB,  I connect via jmx to one of the two on port 1100.  From what i read, round robin is achieved via the connections to JBoss on the client side.

If the above is true, how do you get load balancing back if you kill jboss a and it fails over to b?  When you bring it back (JBossA), all the traffic continues to go to B and no load is directed at A.  You can however failover to A if you kill B.. but load balancing is out.

Anything that can be done?  I wish load balancing was done by a intermediate source in between the client and server(s).  This way round robin could be achieved before and after failover.

Thanks in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164768#4164768

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164768