[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Shutting down diff JBOSS IP aliases Instances on one Machine

diegobowen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 16 19:07:14 EDT 2008

I have multiple instances of JBoss running on a single machine via IP aliases. For a background on this please refer to:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/ConfiguringMultipleJBossInstancesOnOneMachine

Although not mentioned as one of the possible solutions in the above article, using IP aliases seemed to work. The problem is how do I stop a certain JBOSS instance? For example I have three IP aliases:
X.X.X.200, X.X.X.201 and X.X.X.202
each running a running a different server configuration on the same machine.

$JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.sh -c server1 -b X.X.X.200
$JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.sh -c server1 -b X.X.X.201
$JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.sh -c server1 -b X.X.X.201

All three are running per a "ps -ef | grep jboss". On the JBoss site there is info for shutting down different instances if the different instances are using different ports with the "shutdown" command however I couldnt find anything for my situation. In addition to that, the shutdown commands options seem not to support any references to a particular IP address. Please help. Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164876#4164876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164876