[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Deploying JSF portlet

rxm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 17 10:10:51 EDT 2008

Hi,
I am trying to get the HelloWorldJSFPortlet working. I followed the instructions for removing sun JSF implementation from the server mentioned in jboss wiki page. I am getting the following exception.

javax.faces.FacesException: RequestServletPath is null, cannot determine viewId of current page.
  | 14:49:54,093 INFO  [STDOUT] 14:49:54,093 ERROR [[Faces Servlet]] Servlet.service
  | () for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
  | javax.faces.FacesException: RequestServletPath is null, cannot determine viewId
  | of current page.
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils.assertError(DebugUtils.java:89)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.deriveViewId(Restore
  | ViewExecutor.java:116)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RestoreViewExecutor.execute(RestoreViewE
  | xecutor.java:57)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl
  | .java:95)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java
  | :70)
  |         at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:139)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet.service(MyFacesServlet.java:
  | 77)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
  | icationFilterChain.java:290)

On decompiling the classes in question, I found that this issue is thrown when the default view id is null or the request is not an instance of PortletRequest. On debugging this in my Portlet class , everything seems to be alright. It looks like I am missing something in binding the JSF to the portlet.
Please help me in resolving this issue.

Regards,
Raja

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165052#4165052