[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Upgrading from 4.0.4 to 4.2.2
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 18 11:36:27 EDT 2008
As far as I know there is no migration guide. To migrate, do this:
1) If you changed any existing configuration files, then you need to make the corresponding changes to the new configuration files.
2) Rebuild and redeploy your application(s) (EARs, WARs, SARs) using the new libraries in 4.2.2.
3) Web services have changed dramatically. Either give up or redevelop (or search for other posts on moving axis-based web services forward).
4) Move over other files (*-ds.xml, *-service.xml). But first compare files of that kind to see if you have to make any changes. For example, the MBeans used to declare queues and topics are probably slightly different.
5) Post the errors you get when you deploy the app (start the app server first, then deploy one thing at a time, if the deployer throws an exception, post it)
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165371#4165371
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165371
More information about the jboss-user