[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: question about DownCacheSize

jasonhu919 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 19 12:45:53 EDT 2008

thanks for the quick response.

"Wellnot exactly, all messages will actually go in to the down cache however only non persistent messages will get paged to the database. "

I am so confused by this above line. my understanding was : for non-persistent messages, when the DownCache reaches the limit (for example the default 2000), it will gets paged to storage (database) as a batch, so to avoid memory leak. if server crashes in the middle, only paged ones get saved. Persistent messages get paged to storage right away.

if what you said is true, the persistent messages are not paged to database, first question is: where does it store the messages then? after the size reaches the DownCacheSize limit, what will happen then?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165501#4165501

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165501