[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - cache not flushed as often as expected

yangju do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 19 18:10:21 EDT 2008

I am running jboss 4.2 and hibernate with jboss treecache (deployed as mbean) as hibernate cache provider. I have the following default region evict policy defined in the treecache-service.xml :
org.jboss.cache.eviction.LRUPolicy

            <!--0 means no limit -->
            0
            1800
            1800

In my code I save my query cache into a region called "/myregion". However, I don't have region "/myregion" configured. I thought if myregion is not defined in treecache-service.xml, it falls back to _default_ region. So I expected that every 30 mins my cache is flushed. However, I found that the cache is flushed every 3 or 4 hours, not 30 mins as specified in the _default_ region.

Do I have to define myregion? Doesn't treecache uses default cache policy if it cannot fine myregion?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165512#4165512

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165512