[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Do we have to install JDK separately?

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 21 01:51:13 EDT 2008

"arumugamsd" wrote :
  | I am new to JBoss AS. If i have to use JBoss, do we have to install JDK separately and set it in JAVA_HOME path?

Yes, that has to be installed separately.

"arumugamsd" wrote :
  | Also, in production environment, is it enough to have JRE alone instead of JDk? Will JBoss work with JRE alone?

With the latest stable version 4.2.3 (which got released just a few days back), a JRE alone is enough to get JBoss working. Which version of JBoss do you have?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165565#4165565

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165565