[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Difference pooled-actors and swimlanes

coolex do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 22 05:52:59 EDT 2008

Hi!

After I've read the docu I'm more confused about pooled-actors, swimlanes, roles, groupActorID.
Especially I don't really understand the difference between swimlane and pooled-actor (actor groups).

For my application I'm using a simple user-role concept. Every user can have many roles. For now I'm using pooled-actors but I am not sure whether using swimlanes is better or not.

Another problem I have that I've read in the docu that a user must be assigned to a pooled task to execute it. I have many users with roles and don't to assign explicitly a user to a task to execute it. So, what is wrong?

Thanks for all replies.
Alex

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165830#4165830

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165830