[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Annoyance with EARs and .properties file

sil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 22 11:01:07 EDT 2008

Sure thing. This is from an XML file in our WAR. This is what we do to load it:
<bean id="propertyConfigurer"
  | 		class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
  | 	<property name="location" value="classpath:some.properties" />
  | </bean>
This is how we read something from it (where some.datasource is an entry in there):
<jndi:jndi-lookup id="dataSource" jndi-name="${some.datasource}"/>
Additionally, in a seperate XML file associated with our core JAR, we use:
<util:properties id="someProps" location="classpath:some.properties" />
to which someProps is referenced a bunch throughout various .java files as it is tied to the bean entries for the Java classes. The information inside is referenced in other ways, but those are the only two places where we make mention of some.properties.

I should note that I was not the one who initially wrote what is going on, so I am not too keen on the path things are taking. I am just the one who gets to port it from Weblogic to JBoss and try to get it to run on both with minimal config changes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165909#4165909

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165909