[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Resident Nodes evicted in heavy load conditions

mahendragoyal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 23 05:00:48 EDT 2008

jbosscache-core-2.1.1.GA
------------------------------

Hi All,

We recently implemented Jboss Cache for our application to reduce the memory footprint and we are now caching some common data in cache intead of being copied accross all users sessions

We have 2 regions below the root node and we have marked the root node as well as the region nodes as resident using the setResident(true) everything was working fine in unit tests and system integration tests but we had a problem in perfromance tests.

I have a static Hashtable into which I am storing these 2 region nodes maked as resident, for putting/getting in cache client passes the key with which the region node is stored in the Hashtable. The put/get function in turn pulls the region node from Hashtable and adds or gets the node and its data is passed back to the client.

But in Performance/Load Testing we encontered an issue when the system ran fine for about 1.30 hours but after that suddenly the region nodes were found to be null as if evicted. Although the eviction config was not correct in the sense all the values for LRUPolicy like the maxNodes, timeToLiveSeconds and wakeUpIntervalSeconds for both the regions were very low considering the Load Tests.

But still we feel that the nodes still should not have been evicted, and at the most the performance shuould have gone down.

Has any one faced such an issue or is aware of any such limitations ?

Thanks,
Mahendra

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166098#4166098

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166098