[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss (web service app) huge memory usage

xinhua do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 23 18:29:01 EDT 2008

hi,peter

thank you for  advice :).

Creating  a new jbossAs instance on our productive server for testing is not a good idea (i have only 16G phisical memory and timesten will take almost 12-14G) . If i do that my boss will yell at me :)

i have seen the report from tomcat in webconsole, we have only 108 threads on http. Default 150 should be ok for our case.

The problem is, no matter max heap size & max perm size i set, 5.5G mem usage is far beyond the limit. By default Solalis stack size is 8M , and prstat -L can not list memory usage for each lwp, so i suspect solaris server jvm didnot take -xss (maybe it only take -XX:ThreadStackSize)...

Gruss

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166268#4166268

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166268