[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JMS Benchmark

mbrasier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 24 04:48:18 EDT 2008

Hi,
One of the reasons I included the time to open a connection is that I have found that developers often open a connection, send a single message and then close the connection.

All the test results are average figures, based on a large number of consecutive runs for a given scenario. For example, for sending 1000 messages, the client creates 5 threads, and each thread connects, sends 1000 messages, and disconnects, 1000 times.

I also ran each test 3 times (clearing the queue between each run) and used the third set of results, although this did not make a large difference.

So while I cannot be certain that the tests have achieved 'steady state', I hope that any overheads factor out to some extent. Also, as I am really performing these tests in order to provide a baseline for later tuning benchmarks.

Matt

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166341#4166341

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166341