[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - GenericTransactionManagerLookup Confussion

LORDs_diakonos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 24 17:44:32 EDT 2008

Our app is running in tomcat 6. I am trying to set up the transaction manager in Jboss Cache.  I am getting the 2008-07-24 19:38:34,315 ERROR [main]org.jboss.cache.transaction.DummyTransactionManager - binding of DummyTransactionManager failed
javax.naming.NamingException: Context is read only
error which I know is because Tomcat's JNDI is readonly.  Can the GenericTMLookup be used without it trying to load the Dummy guy which I know is for unit testing?

1.  What is the right way to do this?

2. Do I need the Transaction Manager? I want to run READ_UNCOMMITTED and REPL_SYNC

I am having trouble from Jboss Doc trying to figure out the right way to implement this.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166522#4166522

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166522