[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JAVA_HOME is not set. Unexpected results may occur.? JB

gan.gary do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 24 20:31:55 EDT 2008

"Subemontes" wrote : Well, I think, but I'm not sure, that Server dll and Server Java are only included in SDK installs.

  | Maybe that's the problem ?
  |
  | Btw, edit the .bat and put an
  | echo JAVA_HOME: %JAVA_JOME%
  | echo JRE_HOME: %JRE_HOME% (or something like that)
I put this in run.bat:

:FOUND_RUN_JAR

  | echo JAVA_HOME0 %JAVA_HOME%
  | if not "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto ADD_TOOLS
  |
  | set JAVA=java
  |
  | echo JAVA_HOME is not set.  Unexpected results may occur.
  | echo Set JAVA_HOME to the directory of your local JDK to avoid this message.
  | goto SKIP_TOOLS
  |
  | :ADD_TOOLS
  |

  | set JAVA=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java
  |
  | echo JAVA_HOME1 %JAVA_HOME%
I get this in normal mode:

anonymous wrote : JAVA_HOME0 C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15
  | JAVA_HOME1 C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15

but I get:
anonymous wrote : Starting JBoss Application Server 5.0 [2008-07-24 17:29:14]
  | JAVA_HOME0
  | JAVA_HOME is not set.  Unexpected results may occur.
  | Set JAVA_HOME to the directory of your local JDK to avoid this message.
when run as windows service mode

anonymous wrote : It must point to JRE or JDK install folder.

  | I recomend JDK cos the utilities. and in Servers productions u can no to installa JAVA jre (per examle)
I do not get what you meant. Cna explain?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166535#4166535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166535