[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - JCA - Implementation and Correct Usage

rafaelubaldo@me.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 26 21:48:59 EDT 2008

I am evaluating JCA for an upcoming project. I have the following the requirements:

I have one or more TCP log servers on a remote device. These logging servers emit ASCII strings when a remote client connects to listen to the log. The log entries spit out one string at a time.

If I have understood the purpose of JCA correctly, these log servers play the role of the EIS asset and I will have to develop a TCP RA adapter to enable my application running in JBoss AS to receive the log strings.

Is it possible for me to build a resource adapter and have an EJB connect to the log servers automatically when ever the container starts and remain connected until the container shutdowns? Or would it be simpler to create a Servlet Context listener with a simple outboard socket connect?

Any suggestions and commentary would be appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166825#4166825

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166825