[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Looking to pass complex types in web service...

dakk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 28 14:08:59 EDT 2008

UPDATE:
=====

I went back and started by reducing the data struct I was passing to just one attribute, then two, then ... etc., until I found the problems.

1) It turns out that one problem I had was that two attrs started with capital letters (my bad)... neither javac or wscompile caught this, but it did cause parsing errors.

2) It also does not like the java.util.Date type.  I suppose I can convert this to a string and then back to a date. (I get the same parsing error I got before - something like 'saw START but expected END'...

3) It was having trouble parsing the byte array (that will store up to a 1.5MB image), that at this point only contained a string converted to bytes.  I changed that attr to a String and then Base64 encoded the bytes and it works fine.

--> If there is a more efficent way to pass a 1.5MB file back in a response, please let me know.

Thanks!

Norm.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167150#4167150

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167150