[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - How to dynamically modify a timer's duedate??

sumit.jbpm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 30 08:48:46 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I have some doubts regarding DUEDATE of a task-timer.
- When we use Timers inside a task, the DUEDATE_ column within the jbpm_taskInstance table doesn't get populated. Why?
- As if it seems that the DUEDATE_ column is independent of timer element's 'duedate' attribute??
- Then how will I come to know what is the duedate for my task?? Like whether the duedate is over or not??

There is one table with the name jbpm_Action which tells very little about the timers, and this table gets updated with the deployment of the processDefinition.xml and not with the creation of the processInstance.

Although once the dudate of the associated timer is complete, the task is getting ended without any problem.

Also in my jbpm-schema I am not having any specific Timer related table?
I am using jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3 version.
I guess in previous versions of jbpm there was a table with name jbpm_Timer.

Direct Questions:

Q.1. Do we need to make any special entry in any of the cofiguration.xmls (like the hiberante.cfg.xml or jbpm.cfg.xml) in order to get the DUEDATE_ column population feature in the jbpm_taskInstance table or else please let me know what need to be done to get the DUEDATE_ column populated??
Q.2. How can we dynamically modify the duedate of a task timer at runtime?? For eg: if there is one task with a duedate="1 hour", but at runtime we need to modify this duedate to 2 hours, then how can we do this??

Please let me know if you need any other information.
Please reply to the above questions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167605#4167605

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167605