[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Upgrading 4.0.4 to 4.2.2; problems accessing EJBs

rdoust do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 2 16:46:35 EDT 2008

Hi. I've not been following the upgrades to JBoss or other supporting technology for some time, even though I own an application that's deployed on JBoss, currently, 4.0.4. I am being forced (on a strict timeline) to upgrade to 4.2.2. In doing so, I'm running into a problem that I don't know how to figure out. I was hoping someone who has been through this might be able to give me a hint.
I'm deploying an ear that contains 2 wars and several ejb-jars. All of my EJBs are 2.1. When attempting to get access from the code in one of the two wars to some of the EJBs, I'm getting class cast exceptions, whether I attempt to gain access to remote interfaces (using PortableRemoteObject.narrow()), or local. The code works perfectly when deployed to 4.0.4. I can see nothing in the jmx-console to make me think that the beans I'm trying to gain access to are not there, on the contrary, they seem to have deployed just fine. The proxy that I get back from the lookup is causing the exception when I attempt to cast it (in the case of the local interface) and the narrow() call also results in a class cast exception in the case of the remote interface.
I would be happy to provide more information, I just thought that the fact that it works on 4.0.4 and not on 4.2.2 might make someone go, "Oh, that problem again."
Thanks in advance for any insight.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155157#4155157

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155157