[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Upgrading 4.0.4 to 4.2.2; problems accessing EJBs

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 3 01:24:41 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : When attempting to get access from the code in one of the two wars to some of the EJBs, I'm getting class cast exceptions, whether I attempt to gain access to remote interfaces (using PortableRemoteObject.narrow()), or local.

Probably a classloader issue. Are you packaging the remote/local interfaces of the bean in more than one place. See this http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/ClassCastExceptions for debugging the issue. Check the jmx-console method mentioned in that wiki.

The other reason might be that the object returned by the lookup is probably not the bean proxy you are interested in. Follow this wiki http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/DisplayTheJNDITreeWithTheJMXConsole and check the jndi tree contents. Look for the jndi-name that you are using to do the lookup and see what object is bound to that name.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155196#4155196

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155196