[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portlet permissions, using the security element

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 4 10:45:55 EDT 2008

If by "write permission", you mean the ability for the user to enter edit mode (for read permission the user can enter only view mode), the answer is no.

Based on the permission names "view" and "personalize", one would think that "view" would be "read access' and "personalize" would be "write access". But that is not the case - even a user with only view access can go into edit mode and change the preferences.

The above comes from my experiences with 2.4 through 2.6.4. I have not yet tried this out on 2.6.5 so I don't know if it has changed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155708#4155708

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155708