[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - JBoss/Java is consuming CPU on Linux

eblom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 4 14:03:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm running a management tool using JBoss on a SLES10/Linux server, also an IP-PBX is running on the same machine.
The problem is when I'm starting the JBoss server it runs with a CPU load of 85-98% and thats to much, it affects the traffic/calls in the IP-PBX (Dropping calls).
I have the same problem when I'm running the management tool.
I have testing different settings in the JVM. We have added -n 19 (nice) to lower the priority, it have some affect but not enough.
When I'm running on a Windows machine then the application only takes about 30 - 50 % of the CPU. What's the problem??
I have done different testing for 5 - 7 days now; the only thing that I want is to lower the priority. Can it be so hard...
Can I lower the priority in another way then using nice?

uname -a
Linux 2.6.16.46-0.12-default #1 Thu May 17 14:00:09 UTC 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Memory 1GB. (The memory is not the problem)

I have running on a server with 2CPU, then it works better(suprise).

Running JBoss 4.2.1 and have test with JBoss 4.2.2 and also testing a clean JBoss without our application, same problem..

/Magnus

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155782#4155782

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155782