[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Restricting number of invocations on EJB3 stateless session

vickirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 4 19:15:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to limit the number of concurrent invocations on an EJB.  I've done (I believe) the required config to do this (as described in ).  However when I start a client that calls a lengthy (30+ secs) operation on the EJB then start a new client that calls another, quicker operation (2-3 secs), the second returns before the first has finished.

Am I missing something?  I'm using jboss-4.2.1

jboss.xml, located in META-INF:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <jboss>
  |   <enterprise-beans>
  |     <session>
  |       <ejb-name>TMTFetchDataServiceBean</ejb-name>
  |       <clustered>${com.serco.tcis.clustered:true}</clustered>
  |       <aop-domain-name>TMT Fetch Data Service</aop-domain-name>
  |     </session>
  |   </enterprise-beans>
  | </jboss>

tmt-fetch-aop.xml  located in the root of my jar
<aop>
  |   <domain name="TMT Fetch Data Service" extends="Stateless Bean" inheritBindings="true">
  |     <annotation expr="!class(@org.jboss.annotation.ejb.PoolClass)">@org.jboss.annotation.ejb.PoolClass (value=org.jboss.ejb3.StrictMaxPool.class, maxSize=1, timeout=9999999)
  |     </annotation>
  |   </domain>
  | </aop>

My EJB
@Stateless
  | @RemoteBinding( jndiBinding = "TransportFusion/TMTFetchDataService" )
  | public class TMTFetchDataServiceBean implements TMTFetchDataServiceRemote {
  |     // ...
  | }

Thanks,  Vic

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155830#4155830