[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: NIO - PooledInvoker Question

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 5 12:20:51 EDT 2008

Hi Sebastien,

anonymous wrote :
  | I beleive if you remove the multiplex for shared connection, there is a good reason for that, isn't it ?

1. The multiplex transport just didn't have many users, so it didn't seem worth the effort to continue to support it.

2. Remoting 3 will offer a similar facility.

anonymous wrote :
  | Does EJB 3.0 uses JBoss Remoting as any application would ? I mean, does it make any tweak for EJB stuff ?

Yes and no.  The EJB3 configuration of a Remoting server is quite straightforward:

  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3">
  |       <depends>jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer</depends>
  |       <attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="Configuration">
  |          <handlers>
  |             <handler subsystem="AOP">org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler</handler>
  |          </handlers>
  |       </attribute>
  |    </mbean>

On the other hand, there are some sophisticated things happening on top of Remoting.  There are aop (aspect orient programming) interceptors embedded in the client side proxy that talks to the server, and there is a dispatcher in the server side ServerInvocationHandler that manages the EJB3s.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4156040#4156040

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4156040