[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: ejb access to 4.2.2 server from 4.0.3 client - compatibi

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 5 12:43:05 EDT 2008

Hi David,

I'm not the best person to answer your question, since the legacy invokers are completely independent from Remoting.  However, I can tell you that 'you must use the legacy rmi invokers' actually means not using jboss-remoting.jar at all.  Well, you can continue to use if for other applications, but not for your 4.0.3 client.

If you look in the server/default/deploy directory, you should find a file called "invokers-service.xml" with the MBean definition

  |    <!-- RMI/JRMP invoker -->
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker"
  |       name="jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmp">
  |       <attribute name="RMIObjectPort">4444</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="ServerAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
  |       <!--
  |       <attribute name="RMIClientSocketFactory">custom</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="RMIServerSocketFactory">custom</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="RMIServerSocketAddr">custom</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="SecurityDomain">ssl-domain-name</attribute>
  |       -->
  |       <depends>jboss:service=TransactionManager</depends>
  |    </mbean>

which configures the server side of the rmi invoker.  I suppose you need to add something like that to your 4.2.2 server configuration.

For a better answer, I'm going to suggest that you pose the question on the "Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT" forum (http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=61).

Good luck, and I'd be interested in hearing how things work out.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4156049#4156049

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4156049