[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Does SlowConsumers flag work correctly?

szhigunov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 5 13:05:58 EDT 2008

In my scenario I always consume one big message per session (in its own XA transaction). So the behavior described above (PrefetchSize=1) seems like unnecessary overhead: I want to consume one message; I download two to the client, use one; release the other.

Is there the way to tell the system I need just one at a time?

If not, is that a big overhead?

Does JBM eagerly downloads the entire message (say 10 Megabytes) or just handler, so the rest of the body gets downloaded on demand (when the application actually starts reading)?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4156061#4156061

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4156061