[jboss-user] JBOSS Cluster Network Floods

M Wagad wagad at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 14:59:37 EDT 2008

Hi There

I have couple of questions with respect to Jboss Cluster

What happens when, in  jboss cluster environment the Master and Slave can not sync?

In our case, the jboss nodes became disoriented and started to try to sync, so they have created lots and lots of UDP Broadcast messages flooding the Network.

Would it have been beneficial to use the UDP.ip_ttl and MCAST.ip_ttl?

Would this have occurred if we were using TCP instead of the default UDP?

Our current Application is written with default UDP protocol in mind, we have only couple of jboss nodes, how much of an effort does it need to change the protocol from UDP to TCP_IP?

Thanks in advance

M. Wagad