[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - ICEfaces + Seam in JBoss Portal

Lightguard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 6 09:52:29 EDT 2008

I'm trying to deploy an ICEfaces + seam app into JBoss portal 2.6.  Everything looks to be working just fine when things are bundled as a war, when they're in an ear, it seams like seam isn't being initialized correctly in the portal container or something.  Here's the first exception I get:

  |  Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No active event context
  |  	at org.jboss.seam.core.Manager.instance(Manager.java:250)

Followed by this one:

  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  |  	at org.jboss.seam.ui.renderkit.DecorateRendererBase.doEncodeBegin(DecorateRendererBase.java:29)
  |  	at org.jboss.seam.ui.util.cdk.RendererBase.encodeBegin(RendererBase.java:79)
  |  	at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeBegin(UIComponentBase.java:788)
  |  	at com.icesoft.faces.renderkit.dom_html_basic.DomBasicRenderer.encodeParentAndChildren(DomBasicRenderer.java:350)

Those aren't the full stack traces, if someone needs more information I can provide the whole trace.  Is there anything I need to know about deploying portals from an ear?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4156312#4156312

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4156312