[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - What IDE to start with?

mikewitters do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 8 19:14:30 EDT 2008

We are in the midst of deciding between GlassFish and JBoss as our app server of choice.  I tried GF first.  It was nice.  I loved the tight integration with NetBeans.

This weekend I got started trying out JBoss.  I can't figure out which IDE to use.  I am trying Eclipse but have not had success.  I have tried a fresh install of Europa (3.3.2) with the latest JBossTools but keep getting the Blue Screen of Death on my WinXP Professional laptop when I start the server.  I just want a simple dev environment but it seems problematic.

Can someone layout exactly the IDE I should use for the JBoss development?

Thanks.
Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4156513#4156513

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4156513