[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Bug Highlights in JBoss Tools 2.1.1.GA

bbeloff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 10 10:04:08 EDT 2008

Hi

Plenty of bugs in the project archive parts of JBoss Tools 2.1.1.GA.  The following prevent the tools from being usable:

* Corrupted project archive specifications - After an archive is created, it may subsequently be corrupted such that it cannot be viewed in the Project archives window.  At this point, it is still visible as deployed under the server, but it is absent.

* Build archive (full) - this sometimes causes a null pointer exception, with no further explanation.

* Failed updates - sometimes changes in the source code trigger redeployment of the archive, but the archive does not appear to contain the updated code.

* Multiple deployments of the same archive? - If you select "Deploy to Server" against an ear file, then it will sometimes be shown correctly under the server(in the servers view).  Sometimes it appears twice, with two different icons.

* Spinning ball - sometimes when interrogating an archive or archives, Eclipse becomes unresponsive for long periods, for no apparent reason.

* Installation problems - If you do an Eclipse software update to obtain JBoss Tools 2.1.1.GA, you end up with both the old (in my case JBoss Tools 2.10.1.GA) and new features and plugins elements.  The above bugs happen irrespective of whether both or only the new versions are present.

My system: Mac OS X 10.5.3, Eclipse 3.3.2.

I have had similar problems with previous version, but this seems the most unstable.

Does anyone have any comments?

Bruno.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157026#4157026

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157026