[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Redelivery order

szhigunov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 10 11:14:00 EDT 2008

I ran into a problem that message redelivery order depends on if the server was restarted before redelivery or not.

This is my scenario.

I read three messages from the queue (sequentially) in separate transacted sessions and rollback them all.
Then, if I restart the server, the messages are redelivered in the order they were published (desired behavior).

If I do not restart the server, and begin receiving again (after all messages were rolled back to the queue),
the order of redelivery depends on the rollback timing.
The last to rollback is the first to redeliver and the original order is broken.

Is there a way to guarantee original message order in such situation without bouncing the server?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157058#4157058

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157058