[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Bug Highlights in JBoss Tools 2.1.1.GA

bbeloff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 11 10:39:06 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : I created http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBIDE-2325 for this and as you will see in the jira I think this might acutally currently be expected behavior when you have both clicked Deploy to server on the generated .ear file and deployed the archive directly.

I didn't do both.  I ONLY did a Deploy To Server from the ear file in the package explorer.  Subsequently, the second item appeared in the Servers view.  I'll update the Jira.

The reason why I take this route is that - from experience - if I take the Server > Add or Remove Projects route, I don't get automatic redeployments.  Another bug. Sigh.

anonymous wrote : Well, apparently not well enough. As you can see in the jira I actually could not reproduce this at first and had to try a couple of different thigns before it happend. That is not an excuse, but just to show that it actually works for some scenarioes.

Well, there you go.  I tried this in a number of situations, and could never get it to work!

anonymous wrote : Are you saying you did case #1 or case #2 ?

Case #2, using automatic update ('new features').  Thanks for the info.  I can see some logic in leaving old versions lying around, but I can also see the logic in removing them.  I don't want to work with clean installs if I can avoid it, because I have other plugins in place.

anonymous wrote : Bugs in forums tend to get lost, hence why I always ask users to report issues in jira so we get their additional angle on the bug. In this case you did not want to so I did it for you since I found your issues to be important to get fixed/looked into. I hope in the future you will report in jira ;)

My own way of working is to listen to user's bug reports, then write them up myself - so that I can express them more precisely, in terms of a system I understand.  That's just my way.

Good luck!

Bruno.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157392#4157392

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157392